If you are planning a trip to Phuket, there’s no doubt that you may have considered booking a serviced apartment in Phuket.
What are serviced apartments?
Serviced apartments are a hybrid of a hotel and an apartment. You get the comfort of living in a condo or an apartment, except that you also don’t have to make your own bed by having the services of the hotel.
Why I was looking for serviced apartments in Phuket?
During my year of travel, I knew that I would be exhausted from moving to different accommodations and wanted a place that had a kitchen at least. Trust me when I say this, after being on the road for almost two months, you’ll miss the comforts of home. Simple things, like having a proper kitchen with cutleries or not being confined to a small room makes the nomad life a bit more comfortable. Serviced apartments allowed me to really slow down in my travels.
Things to consider when looking for a serviced apartment in Phuket
- What’s your budget? Setting the budget is an important ground rule because let’s face it, there’s no point in looking at accommodations that are outside of your budget range
- What’s your party size? Are you travelling as a family, couple or a bunch of friends? If so, it’s important to think of the sleeping arrangements to ensure that everyone is comfortable.
- How close do you want to be to the beach? There is more to Phuket than beaches – you might be more interested in staying in Phuket town if beaches aren’t a huge priority.
- How safe is the serviced apartment? It’s important to double check what security is like and when staff is on-site
- On-site facilities in the serviced apartment? Do you want a place to eat on-site or are you looking for an apartment with a swimming pool?
- The layout of the room: Are you looking for a full-size kitchen and a proper living room? Write down your must-haves before doing your research
Where to look for serviced apartments in Phuket
- Agoda: Agoda is my go-to website when looking for long-term accommodations in Asia.
- Booking.com: While mainly a hotel booking site, Booking.com does have some great finds on serviced apartments
- Airbnb: To be clear, I am not a big fan of Airbnb and prefer regulated accommodations over staying in someone’s home. However, after discovering that some of my favourite places were listed on Airbnb, such as this guesthouse, I think Airbnb is a place worth looking into when looking for serviced apartments. Boutique hotels or franchised-hotels are now making an appearance on Airbnb at competitive rates.